This is what you need to download the Elephone stock ROMs for all Elephone mobile devices.
Flashing stock ROMs can help you update to newer or older versions of Android, fix bugs, unbrick the mobile devices, remove root access and custom recovery images, so forth.
The Elephone stock ROMs that you find here in this guide are no different to the ROMs that you get as over the air updates. The only difference is that you are flashing the files manually yourself whereas an automatic OTA update would download the files for you using the internet connection.
Any OTA updates that may have arrived for your Elephone mobile device will become available to you if it is a newer version of Android compared to the version you are flashing here, and you’ll be able to accept and install them, as you would usually expect, when they become available too.
Each mobile device carrier network usually has their own stock ROMs for their specific model numbers. You should always flash the stock ROM that is made for your carrier network if your device is still locked to that carrier. On the other hand, if your device is unlocked from the carrier, then you can install the stock ROMs intended for other carrier networks just fine. If the stock ROMs are not labeled as for any carrier network on the page, then it’s because it is an unbranded stock ROM, meaning you can install it on any device with the same name, no matter the carrier network.
What not to do with stock ROMs: don’t ever flash a stock ROM that was made for another device. It won’t work and it’ll soft-brick your device until you manage to get the correct ROM flashed again.
What Is Android Firmware?
Firmware is the operating system and its applications that control how the smartphone or tablet that runs on Android operates. While you may see the words “software update available” on your device’s display, we call it firmware to highlight its close relationship with the device manufacturers hardware.
If you prefer technical jargon, firmware is the specific programming that gets written to a device’s non-volatile memory. The firmware gets added to the device during the manufacturing process and is the middleman in helping software run on the hardware. Firmware can be written as read-only memory (ROM), erasable programmable read-only memory (EPROM), or flash memory.
The Android operating system is more open than much of its competitors in iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, and Tizen. You always get firmware running on your device out of the box, but if you do not like it, you can swap it over with custom firmware or other firmware versions that were made for your device. This flexibility helps with troubleshooting, or if you know you would prefer a different Android version that was made available.
Why Reinstall Stock Firmware?
Here are some of the things that you can achieve with stock firmware files:
- Upgrade or downgrade the version of Android on your device
- Fix common mobile device-related problems, such as unbearable bugs in the software
- Remove custom recovery images such as TWRP
- Unroot the Android operating system, regardless of what method/tool you may have used to get root access
- Unbrick your smartphone or tablet
- Reinstall the operating system
- Fix invalid IMEI problems
Download Elephone Firmware (Stock ROM) for All Devices
Android 7.0 Elephone Firmware Flash Files
Android 6.0 Elephone Firmware Flash Files
- Elephone A1
- Elephone C1
- Elephone P9000 (20160224_6.0.zip)
- Elephone P9000 (Aerom_V3_6.0.zip)
- Elephone P9000 Lite
- Elephone P9000F
- Elephone S1
- Elephone S3 Enhanced
- Elephone S7 3G
- Elephone S7 4G (20161123_095710_V1.4_MT6797.zip)
- Elephone S7 4G (20161229_145736_V1.8_MT6797.zip)
Android 5.1 Elephone Firmware Flash Files
- Elephone G9
- Elephone M1 (V06_151106.zip)
- Elephone M1 (MT6735_V09_151207.zip)
- Elephone M2 (20151015_5.1.zip)
- Elephone M2 (20160223_5.1.zip)
- Elephone M3 (A_20160203.zip)
- Elephone M3 (A_20160308_5.1.zip)
- Elephone P4000
- Elephone P6000 Pro
- Elephone P8000 (20150725_5.1.zip)
- Elephone P8000 (20150815_5.1.zip)
- Elephone P8000 (20150907_5.1.zip)
- Elephone S1
- Elephone S2 (20150603_5.1.zip)
- Elephone S2 (20150617_5.1.zip)
- Elephone S2 Plus (Elephone_S2_Plus.zip)
- Elephone S2 Plus (20150604_5.1.zip)
- Elephone S2 Plus (20150619_5.1.zip)
- Elephone S3 Basic
- Elephone Trunk
- Elephone Vowney
- Elephone Vowney Lite
Android 5.0 Elephone Firmware Flash Files
Android 4.4.4 Elephone Firmware Flash Files
Android 4.4.2 Elephone Firmware Flash Files
- Elephone G1
- Elephone G4
- Elephone G5
- Elephone G6
- Elephone G7 (V007_20150108.zip)
- Elephone G7 (V011_20150127_1240.zip)
- Elephone P6
- Elephone P6i (V140731_4.4.2.zip)
- Elephone P6i (V140704_4.4.2.zip)
- Elephone P8
- Elephone P8 Pro
- Elephone P9
- Elephone P10
- Elephone P10C
- Elephone P2000
- Elephone P5000 (2015-04-22.zip)
- Elephone P5000 (20150129-124245_4.4.2.zip)
- Elephone P5000 (20150205_4.4.2.zip)
Android 4.2.2 Elephone Firmware Flash Files
- Elephone P6S
- Elephone P7 (V002_02282014_4.2.2.zip)
- Elephone P7 (V004_04082014_4.2.2.zip)
- Elephone P7 Mini (20140107_4.2.2.zip)
- Elephone P7 Mini (20140829_4.2.2.zip)
- Elephone P8 (20140307_4.2.2.zip)
- Elephone P8 (20140411_4.2.2.zip)
- Elephone P9 (20140310_4.2.2.zip)
- Elephone P9 (20140426_4.2.2.zip)
- Elephone P9 Water
- Elephone P9C
Note before flashing: the guide for the SP flash tool — the most commonly used flash tool — can be used for everyone who has a device with a MediaTek chipset.
MediaTek and Qualcomm make up most chipsets, but occasionally a device can also have a Spreadtrum, Broadcom or Rockchip system chip, in which case you should use the tools designed for those system chips instead.
For the odd rare occasion, some of you may need to use the Miracle Box software which can be downloaded from a search engine such as Google.
How to Flash Elephone Stock ROM Using SP Flash Tool
1. Download and install the Android USB Drivers for your manufacturer on the Windows PC if you don’t have them installed already.
2. Turn off the mobile device by holding the Power button in until the screen turns off.
3. Download the Elephone stock ROM that you want to be flashed on the mobile device so that the file is on the same computer as the flash tool and then extract the file.
4. Download and extract the SP Flash Tool file on your computer.
5. Look for the flashtool.exe file from inside the extracted folder and double-click the mouse pointer on it to open it up.
6. You should find the SP Flash Tool is now open on your computer’s display. Click on the “Download” tab at the top of the flash tool’s interface.
7. Click on the “Scatter-loading” button located in the top right corner of the flash tool’s interface.
8. Open the stock ROM folder that you extracted earlier and upload the scatter-file.
9. Click on the “Download” button that has a green arrow, close to the top-left corner of the flash tool’s interface.
10. Connect the USB cable to the smartphone and then the smartphone to the computer with the other end of the USB cable.
11. Press one of the Volume buttons so your computer can detect the smartphone.
12. The ROM flashing will automatically begin once the file is uploaded. Wait for the big green tick to let you know that the flashing is complete.
13. You may now close the SP Flash Tool by clicking on the “X” in the top right corner of the interface and disconnect your mobile device from the computer.
You can also view our more detailed guide on how to flash a stock ROM with the SP Flash Tool that comes with screenshots if you prefer.
[*] Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
[*] Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You might also be interested in:
- Download BQ Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Yu Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Haier Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Micromax Stock ROM for All Models