This is what you need to download the Coolpad stock ROMs, aka Coolpad firmware flash files, for all Coolpad mobile devices.
Flashing stock ROMs can help you update to newer or older versions of Android, fix bugs, unbrick the mobile devices, remove root access and custom recovery images, so forth.
The Coolpad stock ROMs that you find here in this guide are no different to the Coolpad firmware that you get as over the air updates. The only difference is that you are flashing the files manually yourself whereas an automatic OTA update would download the files for you using the internet connection.
Any OTA updates that may have arrived for your mobile device will become available to you if it is a newer version of Android compared to the version you are flashing here, and you’ll be able to accept and install them, as you would usually expect, when they become available too.
Each mobile device carrier network usually has their own stock ROMs for their specific model numbers. You should always flash the stock ROM that is made for your carrier network if your device is still locked to that carrier. On the other hand, if your device is unlocked from the carrier, then you can install the stock ROMs intended for other carrier networks just fine. If the stock ROMs are not labeled as for any carrier network on the page, then it’s because it is an unbranded stock ROM, meaning you can install it on any device with the same name, no matter the carrier network.
What not to do with stock ROMs: don’t ever flash a stock ROM that was made for another device. It won’t work and it’ll soft-brick your device until you manage to get the correct ROM flashed again.
What Is Android Firmware?
Firmware is the operating system and its applications that control how the smartphone or tablet that runs on Android operates. While you may see the words “software update available” on your device’s display, we call it firmware to highlight its close relationship with the device manufacturers hardware.
If you prefer technical jargon, firmware is the specific programming that gets written to a device’s non-volatile memory. The firmware gets added to the device during the manufacturing process and is the middleman in helping software run on the hardware. Firmware can be written as read-only memory (ROM), erasable programmable read-only memory (EPROM), or flash memory.
The Android operating system is more open than much of its competitors in iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, and Tizen. You always get firmware running on your device out of the box, but if you do not like it, you can swap it over with custom firmware or other firmware versions that were made for your device. This flexibility helps with troubleshooting, or if you know you would prefer a different Android version that was made available.
Why Reinstall Stock Firmware?
Here are some of the things that you can achieve with stock firmware files:
- Upgrade or downgrade the version of Android on your device
- Fix common mobile device-related problems, such as unbearable bugs in the software
- Remove custom recovery images such as TWRP
- Unroot the Android operating system, regardless of what method/tool you may have used to get root access
- Unbrick your smartphone or tablet
- Reinstall the operating system
- Fix invalid IMEI problems
Download Coolpad Firmware (Stock ROM) for All Devices
Android 7.0 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
Android 6.0 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
- Coolpad Cool 1 C103
- Coolpad Cool 1 C106
- CoolPad Fancy 3
- Coolpad Fancy 3 E503 (6.0.025.P1.161202.3505I_S00.zip)
- Coolpad Fancy 3 E503 (6.0.026.P1.161213.3505I_S00.zip)
- Coolpad Mega 2.5D
- Coolpad Mega 3
- CoolPad Note 3S
- Coolpad Note 3S Y91-i00
- CoolPad Note 5 3600i
- CoolPad Note 5 Lite
- CoolPad Roar Plus E570
- CoolPad Sky 3 E502
Android 5.1.1 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
Android 5.1 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
- Coolpad 7722
- Coolpad 8298-A01
- Coolpad A8-930
- Coolpad Catalyst 3622A
- CoolPad Fancy E561
- Coolpad Fancy Pro E571
- Coolpad Ivvi
- CoolPad Max
- CoolPad Max A8
- CoolPad Max Lite R108
- CoolPad Note 3 (V15_8676_I02_White.zip)
- CoolPad Note 3 (V22_8676_I02_6.0.zip)
- CoolPad Note 3 (v34_5.1.034.P1.160331.8676_I02.zip)
- CoolPad Note 3 Lite 8298-L00 (007_MT6735.zip)
- CoolPad Note 3 Lite 8298-L00 (v15_8298_I00.zip)
- CoolPad Note 3 Plus
- CoolPad Roar A110
- CoolPad Shine R106
- CoolPad Sky Mini E560
- Coolpad Y71-511
Android 5.0.2 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
Android 5.0 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
Android 4.4.4 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
- Coolpad 5263
- Coolpad 5263C
- Coolpad 5263S
- Coolpad 5313S
- Coolpad 5360
- CoolPad 8105
- Coolpad 8297-T02
- Coolpad 8675-W00
- CoolPad 8712
- CoolPad 8713
- Coolpad 8717
- CoolPad Dazen X7
- CoolPad Y60-W
- Coolpad Y70-C
- Coolpad Y75 (4.4.030.P0.150113.Y75_20150827_4.4.4.zip)
- Coolpad Y75 (4.4.043.P0_150511.zip)
- Coolpad Y76 (20150917_4.4.4.zip)
- Coolpad Y76 (Qualcomm_9008_Dead_Boot_Fix_E501.zip)
- Coolpad Y90
Android 4.4.3 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
Android 4.4.2 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
- Coolpad 7061-S40
- Coolpad 7605
- Coolpad 8675
- Coolpad 8675-HD (4.4.018.P0.8675_HD_China_4.4.2.zip)
- Coolpad 8675-HD (4.4.074.P2.150306.8675_HD_China_4.4.2.zip)
- Coolpad 8675-T01
- Coolpad 8715
- Coolpad 8971
- CoolPad 9976D
- Coolpad A116
- Coolpad E580
- Coolpad T1
Android 4.4 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
- Coolpad 3602U
- Coolpad 5316
- CoolPad 7060S
- CoolPad 7061
- CoolPad 7061S-S40
- CoolPad 7576U
- Coolpad 8017-T00 (4.4.008.P1_MT6582_150409.zip)
- Coolpad 8017-T00 (MT6582_141225.zip)
- Coolpad 8860u
- CoolPad Dazen 1
- CoolPad F1 Plus 8297-W01
- Coolpad K1 7620L
- Coolpad K1-NW
- CoolPad Roar 3 A118
- CoolPad Sky E501
- CoolPad Soar F101
- Coolpad Star F103
Android 4.3 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
- CoolPad 5217
- Coolpad 5310
- Coolpad 5311
- CoolPad 5952
- CoolPad 7236
- CoolPad 7251
- Coolpad 7560
- CoolPad 7560i
- Coolpad 8702
- Coolpad 8705
- Coolpad 8720L
- Coolpad 8729
- Coolpad 8730L
- Coolpad 9190-T00
- CoolPad Y60-C1
Android 4.2.2 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
- Coolpad 7230S
- CoolPad 7231
- CoolPad 7232 (MT6572_S40_141114.zip)
- CoolPad 7232 (4.2.007.P1.140428.7232_T8771A_MT6572_140428.zip)
- CoolPad 7270
- Coolpad 7270-W00
- Coolpad 7275
- CoolPad 7295
- CoolPad 7295 Plus
- CoolPad 7295c
- Coolpad 7296S (MT6589_4.2.023.P0.140403.7296S_China_4.2.2.zip)
- Coolpad 7296S (MT6589_29052015.zip)
- Coolpad 7298A
- Coolpad 7298D
- CoolPad 7320
- CoolPad 8122
- Coolpad 8297D (4.2.032.P1.141106.8297D_China_4.2.2.zip)
- Coolpad 8297D (4.4.007.P1.150727.8297D_China_4.4.2.zip)
- Coolpad 8670 (4.2.043.P1.150305.8670_China_4.2.2.zip)
- Coolpad 8670 (4.4.021.P1.150107.8670_China_4.4.2.zip)
- Coolpad 8970L
- Coolpad 9150W
- CoolPad 9970
- CoolPad 9976T
- CoolPad F1 8297
- CoolPad F1 8297W
- CoolPad Note 3 8190Q
Android 4.2.1 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
- CoolPad 7269
- Coolpad 8085Q
- Coolpad 8198T
- Coolpad 8295C
- Coolpad 8720Q
- Coolpad 8735
- Coolpad 8736
- Coolpad 8750 (4.2.016.P1.8750CD_China_4.2.1.zip)
- Coolpad 8750 (4.2.063.P1.131218.8750_China_4.2.1.zip)
- Coolpad 8908
- Coolpad 8920
- Coolpad 9070
- CoolPad 9080W (Coolpad_9080W_4.2.1.zip)
- CoolPad 9080W (4.2.040.P2.131120.9080W_China_4.2.2.zip)
Android 4.2 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
Android 4.1.2 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
- CoolPad 5216S
- Coolpad 5218S
- CoolPad 5879
- CoolPad 5890
- CoolPad 5891 (Coolpad_5891_4.1.2.zip)
- CoolPad 5891 (4.1.045.P1_131208.zip)
- Coolpad 5891Q
- Coolpad 5950
- CoolPad 7268
- CoolPad 7295A
- Coolpad 7920
- CoolPad 8185
- Coolpad 9150
- Coolpad A520
Android 4.1.1 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
Android 4.1 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
Android 4.0.4 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
Android 4.0.3 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
Android 4.0 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
Android 2.3.6 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
Android 2.3.5 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
- CoolPad 5216
- CoolPad 5230
- CoolPad 8012 (2.3.002.P1.8012_China_2.3.5.zip)
- CoolPad 8012 (2.3.006.P1.130403.8012_China_2.3.5.zip)
- CoolPad 8028
- CoolPad 8050
Android 2.3 Coolpad Firmware Flash Files
- CoolPad 5010
- CoolPad 5108
- CoolPad 5109
- Coolpad 5218D
- Coolpad 5860
- CoolPad 5860 Plus
- CoolPad 7019
- Coolpad 7230
- CoolPad 8021
Note before flashing: the guide for the SP flash tool — the most commonly used flash tool — can be used for everyone who has a device with a MediaTek chipset.
MediaTek and Qualcomm make up most chipsets, but occasionally a device can also have a Spreadtrum, Broadcom or Rockchip system chip, in which case you should use the tools designed for those system chips instead.
For the odd rare occasion, some of you may need to use the Miracle Box software which can be downloaded from a search engine such as Google.
How to Flash Coolpad Stock ROM Using SP Flash Tool
1. Download and install the Android USB Drivers for your manufacturer on the Windows PC if you don’t have them installed already.
2. Turn off the mobile device by holding the Power button in until the screen turns off.
3. Download the Coolpad stock ROM that you want to be flashed on the mobile device so that the file is on the same computer as the flash tool and then extract the file.
4. Download and extract the SP Flash Tool file on your computer.
5. Look for the flashtool.exe file from inside the extracted folder and double-click the mouse pointer on it to open it up.
6. You should find the SP Flash Tool is now open on your computer’s display. Click on the “Download” tab at the top of the flash tool’s interface.
7. Click on the “Scatter-loading” button located in the top right corner of the flash tool’s interface.
8. Open the stock ROM folder that you extracted earlier and upload the scatter-file.
9. Click on the “Download” button that has a green arrow, close to the top-left corner of the flash tool’s interface.
10. Connect the USB cable to the smartphone and then the smartphone to the computer with the other end of the USB cable.
11. Press one of the Volume buttons so your computer can detect the smartphone.
12. The ROM flashing will automatically begin once the file is uploaded. Wait for the big green tick to let you know that the flashing is complete.
13. You may now close the SP Flash Tool by clicking on the “X” in the top right corner of the interface and disconnect your mobile device from the computer.
You can also view our more detailed guide on how to flash a stock ROM with the SP Flash Tool that comes with screenshots if you prefer.
[*] Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
[*] Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You might also be interested in:
- Download Tianhe Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Zolo Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Cubot Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Amoi Stock ROM for All Models