Here’s what you need to download the official Doogee X5 firmware (stock ROM) flash file onto your computer. You can then use one of the compatible flashing tools to update the firmware on your smartphone or tablet.
Flashing tools were initially developed by the companies that were associated with the device’s hardware and were mainly kept in-house, adopted in the back rooms of smartphone repair centers to fix common mobile device-related problems. The tools were later published on the Web for anyone to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-brick situations, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer instead. What’s more, installing the Doogee X5 flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or replaced the stock recovery partition with a custom one. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they strongly suggest flashing the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they’re often only patching over existing software instead of completely replacing it.
The flashing tools such as the smartphone flash tool are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files that won’t take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the Doogee X5 stock ROM. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, apps that are designed to work for a particular manufacturer. And depending on the file, there are times when you can flash firmware directly from the device’s recovery mode, too.
Download Doogee X5 File Firmware Flash File
File Name: Doogee_X5_MT6580_20170307
Android Version: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Firmware File: Download flash file
How to Install Doogee X5 Flash File Using Smartphone Flash Tool
Before we begin, make sure your device has a lot of its battery still available, even though you will likely use USB charging when connected to a PC. We recommend around 75%.
1. Get the Android USB driver and install it on your computer. (There’s no reason to install the Android driver again if it’s already on your PC.)
Note: You could also install the Doogee X5 USB driver instead of the Android USB driver if the Android driver isn’t working during your time of visit.
2. Turn off the Android device (and take out the battery if it comes with a removable one).
3. Download and extract the Doogee X5 stock firmware that you want to install on the smartphone.
4. Download and extract the smartphone flash tool on the PC.
5. Double-click the mouse on the smartphone flash tool application that’s now available, among other files, from within the folder that you just extracted.
6. Select the “Download” tab once you can see the smartphone flash tool’s interface on your computer’s display.
7. Where it shows the option for “Scatter-loading file” click on the “Choose” button and browse the computer for the firmware and upload it to this location on the flash tool.
8. Click on the “Download” button from the SP flash tool’s interface.
9. The flashing is now ready to begin. Connect your smartphone to the computer with its USB cable, keeping the battery still removed if it were a removable one.
10. The firmware flashing now begins. Wait until you see the big green tick on the PC’s display before you remove the USB cable.
That’s all you need to have installed the Doogee X5 official firmware.
For a more detailed guide complete with screenshots, you can check out how to flash stock firmware using the Smartphone flash tool.
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your Doogee smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
- Download Doogee X5 Max Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Doogee X6 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Avov Top 3 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Oukitel C8 Stock ROM for Your Device