Here’s what you need to download the official Celkon A418 stock ROM (firmware) flash file onto a computer. You can then flash the firmware with the appropriate flashing tool that’s made to work with your device in mind.
Flashing tools were once used only by smartphone repair centers. Since then they have become available on the Web for anybody to use. They allow you to fix the same kinds of problems that were left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-bricked devices, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth. And best of all, installing the Celkon A418 flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click for the flashing to be underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or installed a custom recovery on the smartphone or tablet. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they also say that it’s always best to flash the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they’re often only patching over existing software.
The flashing tools, such as the SPD upgrade tool, are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files and won’t take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the Celkon A418 firmware file. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, tools that are specifically made to work for a particular manufacturer.
Download Celkon A418 Firmware Flash File
File Name: Celkon_A418_V10_20150629
Firmware File: Download flash file
How to Flash Celkon A418 Stock ROM Using Smartphone Flash Tool
1. Download and install the Android USB driver on the computer.
Note: You could also install the Celkon A418 USB driver instead of the Android USB driver if you wanted or if the Android driver wasn’t working.
2. Download the Celkon A418 stock firmware package on your computer and then extract it by right-clicking on the file and selecting the extract option from the menu.
3. Download the Smartphone flash tool on your computer and then extract the file as well, using the same method for extraction as the stock firmware.
4. Open the SP flash tool by clicking on its application found inside the extracted folder.
5. Click on the Download tab from the SP flash tool’s interface.
6. Click on the Choose button where it gives the Scatter-loading option.
7. Browse the computer and open the extracted firmware folder for the scatter file and then upload it to this location.
8. Click on the Download button, so your device is ready to start receiving the firmware.
9. Turn off the Android device and then connect it to the computer with its USB cable. (Press one of the Volume buttons after making the connection, so that the computer can detect it up quickly.)
10. The firmware flashing now begins automatically. You know it’s finished when you can see a green tick from the SP flash tool’s interface.
For a more detailed guide complete with screenshots, you can check out how to flash stock firmware using the Smartphone flash tool.
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your Celkon smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
- Download Celkon Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Celkon Octa 510 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Celkon Q450 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Celkon Q54 Stock ROM for Your Device