Here’s what you need to download the official BLU Quattro 4.5 D440 stock ROM (firmware) flash file onto a computer. You can then flash the firmware with the appropriate flashing tool that’s made to work with your device in mind.
Smartphone repair centers were the first places to know about flashing tools, as they often used them to help fix common mobile device-related problems. Since then they have become available on the Web for anybody to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-bricked devices, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer at home. And best of all, installing the BLU Quattro 4.5 D440 flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or installed a custom recovery on the smartphone or tablet. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they also say that it’s always best to flash the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they’re often only patching over existing software.
The flashing tools, such as the Smartphone flash tool, are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files and won’t take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the BLU Quattro 4.5 D440 firmware file. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, applications that are made to work for a particular manufacturer.
Download BLU Quattro 4.5 D440 Stock Firmware
File Name: Blu_Quattro_4.5_D440_4.0_OTA
Firmware File: Download flash file
How to Flash Blu Quattro 4.5 D440 Stock ROM Using Smartphone Flash Tool
1. Make sure you have the Android CDC driver installed on the computer that you plan on using the flashing tool on, so your Blu Quattro 4.5 D440 phone and the flashing tool can connect. (If you have already installed the Android driver on the computer, then you can skip to the next step; there’s no need to install it twice unless it has been deleted from the computer.)
2. Turn off the Android-based smartphone by holding in the Power button until it powers down, or by switching it off from the Power menu.
3. Download the BLU Quattro 4.5 D440 stock firmware package from the link above so the file ends up on your computer.
4. Open the stock ROM file location (usually the Downloads folder) and then extract it (right-click and choose “Extract” from the menu).
5. Now download and extract the Smartphone Flash Tool much the same way as you did with the Stock ROM file. (You can use the desktop as the save location to make things easier if you wish.)
6. Once the SP Flash Tool folder is extracted, double-click to open it and then double-click on the SP Flash Tool application.
7. The flashing tool interface will now open on the computer. From the SP Flash Tool interface, select the “Download” tab.
8. Next, click on the “Scatter-loading file” button.
9. Now browse through the hard drive to the location where you extracted the stock ROM and select the “scatter file” to upload to the flashing tool.
10. Lastly, click on the “Download” button for the flashing to begin.
You can also view our more detailed guide on how to flash a stock ROM with the SP Flash Tool that comes with screenshots if you prefer.
Alternate Flashing Methods
Some BLU smartphones can’t flash firmware files when they try using the SP Flash Tool, and the BLU Quattro 4.5 D440 might be one of them. Instead, you may need to boot the BLU Quattro 4.5 D440 into recovery mode and then flash the firmware file from SD memory.
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
You might also be interested in:
- Download BLU Stock ROM for All Models
- Download BLU Dash Play Mini L190 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download BLU Neo JR 3.5 S370 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download BLU Life Pure Mini L220i Stock ROM for Your Device