Here’s what you need to download the official BLU Advance 4M A090 firmware flash file onto your computer. You can then use one of the compatible flashing tools to update the firmware on your smartphone or tablet.
Flashing tools were initially developed by the companies that were associated with the device’s hardware, kept in-house, used in the back rooms of smartphone repair centers to fix common mobile device-related problems. The tools were later published on the Web for anyone to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-brick situations, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer at home instead. What’s more, installing the BLU Advance 4M A090 flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you have already changed the system partition or replaced the stock recovery partition with a custom one. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they strongly suggest flashing the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they are often only patching over existing software instead of completely replacing it.
The flashing tools such as the smartphone flash tool are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files and will not take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the BLU Advance 4M A090 stock firmware file. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, apps that are designed to work for a particular manufacturer.
Download BLU Advance 4M A090 Firmware Flash File
File Name: Blu_Advance_4M_A090_SC7731_20180206.zip
Android Version: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Firmware File: Download flash file
How to Install BLU Advance 4M A090 Flash File Using Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool
1. Download the Spreadtrum USB driver and install it on the computer that you plan on using for the flashing.
2. Download the PAC stock ROM (firmware file) that you want to flash on your Blu Advance 4M A090 device onto the same computer you plan to use for the flashing.
3. Download the latest version of the Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool on your computer and then extract the file by right-clicking on it and selecting the “Extract” option from the menu.
4. Open the Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool folder and click on its application to launch the tool. (This will be the file in the folder that has the Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool icon next to it.)
5. Turn off the smartphone and then connect it to the computer with its USB cable.
6. Click on the “Load Packed” button from the top left-hand side of the Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool’s interface.
7. Browse your computer for the firmware file that you downloaded earlier and then upload it to this location.
8. Click on the “Start Downloading” button, and then the flashing of the firmware begins.
It’s normal for your Android device to reboot by itself during the firmware installation. Keep waiting until you can see the green “Passed” message on the Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool interface.
For a more detailed guide, you can check out the full article on how to flash a PAC stock ROM on an Android smartphone.
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
- Download BLU Stock ROM for All Models
- Download BLU Vivo Air LTE V0010UU Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download BLU Studio M4 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download BLU Dash JR D140 Stock ROM for Your Device