UPDATE 3/14: Hello Windows Insiders, we have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18351.26 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. Build 18351.26 (KB4494195) includes only a small change to how we package these Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 customers. Thank you for helping us test out our servicing pipeline!
UPDATE 3/13: Hello Windows Insiders, we have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18351.8 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. Build 18351.8 (KB4492310) includes a fix to improve how we service builds.
UPDATE 3/11: Hello Windows Insiders, we have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18351.7 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. Build 18351.7 (KB4492310) includes a single fix for the issue causing Chinese versions of multiple games to not work.
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18351 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
If you are looking for a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring – head on over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here including a complete list of new features and updates that have gone out as part of Insider flights for the current development cycle (which currently is 19H1).
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- If you haven’t been able to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time), we’ve just made more slots available! Whether you’ve tried it in earlier builds or haven’t had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need. We’ve also made fixes to improve the download and install experience thanks to your feedback, so please try again if you had problems before.
- We fixed an issue from recent builds that could result in monitors being missing from the built-in Color Management application.
- We fixed an issue causing Explorer.exe to crash for some Insiders when Jump list content was updated.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some devices unexpectedly experiencing a 30 second wait before pin re-entry was available after a pin was incorrectly entered on the lock screen.
- We fixed an issue where the time shown on the clock in Windows Sandbox might not match the clock outside of Windows Sandbox.
- We fixed an issue where text scaling values did not persist across upgrades for Win32 applications.
- Due to a Narrator reading reliability issue for the “Change how capitalized text is read” feature, the feature has been disabled starting in build 18351.
- We fixed an issue where the mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- While this flight contains some night light improvements, we’re continuing to investigate reported issues in this space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We’re investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
We’re investigating an issue where region settings are being reset on upgrade for some Insiders.Fixed with Build 18351.7.
- We’re investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
REMINDER: Getting the latest Windows 10 app updates
We have locked down the inbox apps in 19H1. These simplified versions of some of the inbox apps are what will ship with 19H1 when it is released. As a result, Insiders may have noticed that some features have disappeared from these apps. This was probably most noticeable with the Photos app. Insiders can get these features back by going into the settings of an inbox app like Photos and clicking the “Join preview” button.
Join the Bing Insider Program
Going somewhere? Save time and money on your next trip. Use Bing Maps to plan your route and see gas prices, hotels, attractions, and restaurants along the way.
If you want to be among the first to learn about these Bing features, join our Bing Insider Program.
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,
Join 20,000+ people and subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest tech tutorials and news directly to your inbox.