The official iOS 8.3 jailbreak is now out, thanks to the team from TaiG. Microsoft Windows dominates when it’s time for these tools to be released because the third-party developers create the tools for what most people are using. TaiG version 2 is available to download immediately for Windows OS, but Mac users will continue waiting for a proper tool to be launched under the same name.
Since the word is that iOS 9 will be almost impossible to jailbreak, you might want to jailbreak iOS 3 using TaiG and never accept the over the air notification for installing iOS 9 once it’s released along with the iPhone 6S. Although the future, might provide us with the hope of installing this using Mac OS X operating systems, for now, it’s restricted to Windows only. However, with the help of a virtual machine and some clever tweaking, we can use TaiG today on Mac using this guide. Here’s how:
As you probably know, you cannot use jailbreaking tools that were made for older software updates because Apple patches those exploits in future updates. Well, funnily enough, you cannot always use these tools for older versions of iOS either. You must have the Mac computer and iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2 or iOS 8.1.3 running on your iOS device to use this guide. You can check for software updates from the iOS Settings.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- We recommend backing up the data to iTunes or iCloud. If you need to apply a factory reset to try to restore the device, you will lose the data.
- Disable the Find My iPhone feature from the Settings.
- Disable the Passcode lock and the Touch ID security sensor as both may cause interference during the guide.
- Once you are done with the guide, you may enable both modes once again.
HOW TO JAILBREAK IOS 8.3 ON MAC OS X WITH TAIG
1. Using Parallels Desktop 10, download the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview. You must install it as a virtual machine on your Mac.
2. Anyone can sign up for the free 14 day trial of the Windows 10 Insider Preview software, and it’s all you need to jailbreak using the Mac successfully. You’ll have the guide finished today, and you no longer require the free trial. Once the trial is over, your jailbreak will obviously remain.
3. Download the file to the desktop and start running the program. The first screen will show some icons down the bottom of the screen. The bottom left side shows “Windows 10 Insider Preview”. Click that.
4. The Windows 10 will now install on your computer. Once it’s complete, launch the virtual machine.
5. From inside the virtual machine, install the latest version of iTunes. (Download version 12.0.1).
6. Download the TaiG version 2.0 of the jailbreak tool you need to jailbreak iOS 3 from this link.
7. Now you can follow the instructions for jailbreaking iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.2 with TaiG.